[Devel] openser 1.1.0 segfaults

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Dec 4 13:20:05 CET 2006

Hi Andreas,

please send me (privately) the complete backtraces for all the three
crashes and I will take a look.

Andreas Granig wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My OpenSER acting as LB keeps crashing on a regular basis, about 2-3
> times a week. I've seen three different places where this happens from
> the backtraces, namely:
>
> #0  core_hash (s1=0x0, s2=0x81316c4, size=65536) at hash_func.h:62

the core_hash requires the first param not to be null - based on the
hash size I would say it is called from TM, but the first param is the
callid in this case.

> #0  sip_msg_cloner (org_msg=0x8130f70, sip_msg_len=0xbfa0dd18) at
> sip_msg.c:316
>
> and
>
> #0  free_to (tb=0x911f558) at parser/parse_to.c:734

here I have no clue at the moment - backtraces are needed.

> This only happens when processing REGISTER requests, and I suspect
> it's the path handling (adding the Path-HF) because it's the least
> tested part, but I haven't figured out why and when.
>
> @Bogdan: I'll send you the cores and the config off-list. Can you
> please have a look?

sure! and thanks for the report.

regards,