[Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1527750 ] openser.init

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 10 11:27:43 CEST 2006

Bugs item #1527750, was opened at 2006-07-24 16:05
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by miconda
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=1527750&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: tools
Group: ver devel

Initial Comment:
On debian, the openser.init script fails because the
directory below does not exist:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

In addition, the killproc command does not exist.

I have commented the "functions" line and replaced
killproc with killall after installing apt-get install
psmisc.

Not sure if these changes are "correct".

Is it reasonable to have perhaps have a couple of init
scripts, tweaked for different operating systems ?

Regards,
Norm