[Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1528995 ] avp_db_query() changes the query string

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 3 19:14:21 CEST 2006

Bugs item #1528995, was opened at 2006-07-26 16:31
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by miconda
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=1528995&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: ver devel

Initial Comment:
We recently changed some database columns to mixed case
from only lowercase.

We updated avp_db_query() to match the mixed case that
the database expects, however during execution an error
message is produced indicating an unknown column.  The
column name in the OpenSER error message has been
changed to lowercase.

We tested this by renaming the database column so that
it was all lowercase (we left avp_db_query() mixed
case).  This test successed without error.

The results seem to indicate that avp_db_query()
converts the passed query string to lowercase before
passing it on to the database.

While it is possible to work around this problem by
forcing all database columns to be lowercase, this
seems to be a pretty big restriction imposed on the end
user.

Regards,
Norm