[Devel] non-invite server transactions are terminated too fast

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Apr 12 10:34:39 CEST 2006

Hi Juha,

Juha Heinanen wrote:

>Bogdan-Andrei Iancu writes:
>
> > not sure, but I would say it should increase the cseq as it's a new
> > request - first was completed with timeout.
>
>for each new register request, UA would increase CSeq, but not for
>retransmissions.  how about this simple solution:
>
>- when register request arrives that has same cseq as previously,
>  openser would reply with 200 ok if last_modified + 32 > now; otherwise
>  openser would respond with 400 bad request.
>
>this would not require openser to keep state of a real transaction.

trying to keep registration stateless will be preferred, IMHO - a lot of
memory and penalties in TM will be spared.

I like your suggestion - the only "difficult" part will be to process
the registers with same cseq, within the next 32 seconds
(retransmissions) in a manner to avoid location update.

this change in usrloc + register and sending 100 trying from script
asap, should be a good solution.

regards,
bogdan