[Devel] non-invite server transactions are terminated too fast

Tue Apr 11 12:42:47 CEST 2006

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu writes:
>
>  > check the hint hdr in the 400 reply - it may give you some hints. What I
>  > suspect it that you have a REGISTER retransmission hitting usrloc - it
>  > sees the same CSEQ and deny the registration.
>
> this is what is happening.  400 reply has header
>
> P-Registrar-Error: Invalid CSeq number
>
> but my point was, that re-transmitting register request is perfectly ok
> and instead of replying with 400, openser should resend the 200 ok until
> the transaction is terminated (after 32 secods).

Thus I suspect the problem is the stateless REGISTER handling. IMO this
is bad. We often had problems with slow radius backends. This caused
REGISTER retransmissions which were not detected as retransmission by
openser and caused multiple radius requests blocking all threads.

I remember once there was patch for from Maxim for statefull REGISTER
handling. But there were also some problems which I can't remember now.

regards
klaus