[Devel] Re: TLS and multidomain

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Wed Sep 28 12:25:09 CEST 2005

In a multi-domain environment you would like to use only one ip:port
and serve multiple domains. Serve means you can do authorization for
Register messages and you can apply different rules for callers in
different domains. Is the same like a web server where you can serve
multiple websites with one  IP alone.

The problem is that if you use SSL you must establish first
connection and  just after the TLS negotiation takes place you may
inspect the content of the SIP message to extract the domain. This is
also valid for SSL websites, you must use on ip:port combination per
common name. So I deduct that a remote server may use only a default
cert per ip:port when a session comes.

But my SENDING proxy should be able to select the certificate based
on the calling user when calling out of my proxy, if a certificate
for the @domain part is available.

Regards,
Adrian