[Devel] Re: [Board] version number for next release

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Tue Sep 27 18:50:37 CEST 2005

Lets imagine I call from sip:ag at ag-projects.com to sip:klaus at enum.at

I imagine the following scenario would take place:

1. NAPTR record lookup to deduct the transport for enum.at domain
2. Let's say enum.at has tls as the preferred protocol so my Proxy
rewrites the URI to sips:klaus at enum.at and lookup subsequently SRV
_sips._tcp.enum.at
3. I lookup the A record for what I have chosen from the SRV record set
4. I make a tcp connect to remote IP:port and start negotiating TLS

What certificate will my own server use? While the destination must
first setup a connection to see any user information it can only
offer the standard certificate of that server but my sending proxy
knows which certificate to use (because it knows the domain of the
caller) when initiating the TLS.

So the real questions is how can we make the proxy to select a custom
certificate when dialing out?

Cesc, do you have a better insight on this?

Regards,
Adrian