[Devel] Branch flags

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Sep 1 16:30:46 CEST 2005

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu writes:

 >     - branch route will be run - what flags will be visible here?
 > logically should be an OR between the common flags (msg->flags) and the
 > dset branch flags (from dset)....but this is not quite OK since the
 > msg->flags will contain the the particular NAT flag for the RURI
 > branch...so msg->flags does not actually contain only the common flags,
 > but also the particular flags for the RURI branch....that's *issue
 > number one*.

why OR?  it may namely be possible that some flag that is set in common
flags is reset in branch flags.  if we have common flags word, branch
flags word, and a "modified" branch flags word that has a bit on if the
flag has been modified in the branch flags word, then when branch route
is executed, a flag is 1, iff corresponding branch flag is 1 or
(modified flag is 0 and common flag is 1).

 >     - in failure route...again what flags should be visible? right now,
 > the msg->flags flags are...the common ones...but doing this makes
 > impossible to pass any flags from onreply route to failure route (and
 > this is not good)....and that's *issue number two*...

why can't you make any on_reply flag set/reset visible in the common
flags?

-- juha