[Devel] Re: [Users] openser 1.0.0 packages generation

Cheng Zhang czhang.cmu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 06:30:14 CEST 2005

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: openser-1.0.0.ebuild
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 2336 bytes
Desc: not available
-------------- next part --------------
I had a good compilation on Gentoo-x86 2005.1 with attached ebuild
file, which is modified according to Gentoo ebuild guildeline and
ebuild maintainer's comments. Please include this ebuild for final
release if possible.

There are some warning messages (example below) during compilation,
but I checked previously that these can be safely ignored and seems
there is no clear instruction on how to deal with it.
Warning message example:
"   usr/lib/openser/modules/maxfwd.so
         usr/lib/openser/modules/maxfwd.so will contain runtime text
relocations
Text relocations require a lot of extra work to be preformed by the
dynamic linker which will cause serious performance impact on IA-32
and might not function properly on other architectures hppa for example.
If you are a programmer please take a closer look at this package and
consider writing a patch which addresses this problem."

-- Cheng