[Devel] Serial forking

Thu Nov 24 17:17:57 CET 2005

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu writes:
>
>  > So, what I suggest is to move/rename this functions into the core in
>  > order to make them usable by any other modules. and the problem will be
>  > solved...
>
> fine with me as long as also the timer variables are supported.
>
>  > with a little bit of effort, we can use this also for SRV serial
>  > forking ;).
>
> if resolving SRV record returns more than one result, it should be easy
> to add branches accordingly exactly as enum module does with NATPR
> records.

Yes. But we need a function for the failure route to distinguish SIP
failures (404 ...) from transport failures. Further, it would be nice if
openser would process ICMP error messages for faster failover.

Also we need different timer for:
  - SIP timeouts: e.g. a timeout if the callee does not pick up after 1
minutes of ringing
  - network failures: i do not want to wait for 32 seconds till my proxy
tries the next server

regards
klaus