[Devel] Regular Expression based groups

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Nov 21 19:19:06 CET 2005

Hi,

I just committed a new group feature: so far we have group support with
fixed matching: user X belongs to group G; the new regexp support allows
you to fetch all the groups for which the user matched a RE (if the URI
match the Re, means the belongs that group).
See http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.1.x/group.html

Application example:

imagine you have routing point between several termination points
(gateways, media servers, application servers, etc) and you have large
blocks of numbers/users (K or 10K order).

you know that certain range of users must be routed to specific
destinations. So use RE based groups to define the range of users ->
flexible and scalable routing and simple to provision.

regards,
bogdan