[Devel] opeser database scritps and strucuture - aesthetic changes

Norman Brandinger norm at goes.com
Thu Nov 17 23:24:52 CET 2005

Daniel,

I agree with this proposal.

In addition to the review of the columns that need to be kept, I have
three additional suggestions:

1. The names of the columns should be made consistent.

For example: column name associated with the last_updated time of a record.

2. Additional columns should be added to existing tables where the are
needed to enhance OpenSER

For example: addition of a "description" column to the "trusted" table.

3. New table(s) might be added to enhance OpenSER

For example: a table listing valid "grp" entries.  This function is hard
coded into openserctl today.  An extension of this idea would be to
control the addition of AVP attributes in a similar fashion.  It does
not seem logical that openserctl "controls" grp entries but not AVP
attributes.  Alternatively, grp checking from within openserctl could be
removed completely (I would be opposed to this).

Regards,
Norm