[Devel] qop implementation in UAC

Federico Giannici giannici at neomedia.it
Thu Nov 3 17:28:48 CET 2005

Reading RFC2617 I found that:

This directive is optional in order to
preserve backward compatibility with a minimal implementation of
RFC 2069 [6], but SHOULD be used if the server indicated that qop
is supported by providing a qop directive in the WWW-Authenticate
header field.

So, it is not a MUST to implement the qop even if the server indicate it.

I tried with the PSTN gateway we have to use and... it worked!
(we simply had to comment out in SER the generation of the error if the
qop is found in the request)

So, we are no longer in a hurry to implement this functionality...

Bye.

Elena Ramona Modroiu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> so soon I can not work on this issue. But please start implementing it
> and I will help with a review once you submit it.
>
> Ramona
>
> Federico Giannici wrote:

>>> It will be for sure there in the future, although there is no time
>>> line settled yet. I have to find some free time ...
>>

>> We need that functionality as soon as possible, so if you don't think
>> that you will have the time to work on it in a few days... I'll try to
>> do it.
>> But currently I haven't the necessary knowledge, so I don't know if I
>> will succeed...
>>

>> Bye.

     __
    |-                      giannici at neomedia.it