[Devel] 3rd party module programmer

Daniel Corbe daniel.junkmail at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 21:00:09 CET 2005

Hello,

I'm a 3rd party module programmer looking to get his work included
into the main SER CVS.  I as recently as today stumbled onto the
OpenSER project and may be interested in contributing.

How similar is the SER and OpenSER module API?

Are there development guides in OpenSER's documentation?

Will my modules compile and work with both SER and OpenSER without
modification?   If so, how likely is it that at a future date the API
will change and OpenSER/SER will take two different roads?

I see that OpenSER is made up of some of the core developers of the
main SER code.  Will OpenSER continue to track and include
advancements made in the SER project?

Will any of the OpenSER code eventually be back-ported and included in
the main SER distribution?

Thanks.

-Daniel