[Devel] Call-Leg Accounting support

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed Jun 29 13:27:19 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 29 June 2005 14:02, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu writes:
>  > with this feature you have the liberty to do forwarding without
>  > spiralling the request on server - it will be more efficient ;)
>
> i agree that it will be more efficient, but will also result in more
> complicated ser.cfg.

Not by that much. I managed to do recursive lookup of diversions in only 1
pass and my ser.cfg has gained very little in complexity. And this small
complication in ser.cfg is compensated by the benefit that you only have 1
transaction through ser. If you route back to the proxy you will create
chained transactions and there is a problem with them timeouts (among the
others already mentioned). If you route more than 2 times back, then you must
be very careful how you assign timeouts to your transactions, else the chain
may break in the middle. Not to mention that you must very carefully design
the whole chaining and assign the proper failure route for each transaction.
In the end I found that you must put more care in how you write ser.cfg when
you route back and the transaction processing is more complicated and harder
to follow.

> -- juha

Dan