[Devel] tls and xlm-rpc access

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Tue Jun 14 21:03:00 CEST 2005

On 06/14/05 21:53, Juha Heinanen wrote:

>you mentioned lack of tls as one of the reasons for openser, but i
>didn't see it in new features list.  what is you plan on tls?

The TLS will be included in CVS very soon along with the other new
modules from SER CVS head. We have to update the current CVS head to use
same structure for header type and flag as in SER CVS head. These are
scheduled for next days.

>another thing is tcp/ip access to ser.  the current socket/fifo stuff is
>very bad for remote access.  my preference would be jan's xml-rpc
>interface.  what are your plans on this area?

The plan is to have an abstract layer between OpenSER core/modules and
transport layer (fifo, http, unixsokets, tcp/ip, xml-rpc ...) and
implement this transports as modules. Doesn't look a good solution to
write for each new transport the whole range of functions as it started
in SER with unix sockets which duplicates the code for FIFO server.

Daniel