[Devel] lcr module and kannel

Thu Jul 28 20:07:16 CEST 2005

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Klaus Darilion writes:
>
>  > The lcr module stores the values in unsigned integers in mysql. But,
>  > there are no unsigend intergers in postgresql.
>  >
>  >
>  > Thus, I have choosen the next bigger integer instead of the unsigned
>  > one. Thus, I changed
>  >
>  >    ip_addr INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
>  >
>  > in mysql to
>  >
>  >    ip_addr BIGINT CHECK (ip_addr > 0 AND ip_addr < 4294967296) NOT
>  >    NULL,
>
> i don't agree with this change, because looks like it is not backwards
> compatible with current mysql usage.  there can be no change in mysql
> lcr tables because of postgre.

It is nearly impossible to find a SQL definition which fits mysql and
postgres. Thus, having different defintions is not that bad as long as
openser does not see any differences.

>  > I do not have any glue where the problem occours: in lcr module? in
>  > openser's DB API? in postgres module?
>
> which way it really is: postgre doesn't have unsigned int support or
> openser postgre module doesn't have unsigned int support?  in later
> case, fix postgre openser module.

postgres itself does not support unsigned ints. Nevertheless it should
be possible to convert the BIGINT into an unsigned int.
hm..still have no glue :-|

klaus