[Devel] Re: [Serdev] dbtext support for serctl

Cesc cesc.santa at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 17:14:23 CEST 2005

Hi,

I use it, but not much. In our lab the configuration is pretty stable
(no add/remove of users too often), as we are doing research, we are
not ser vice providers or anything like that. But i did introduce all
the users, removed some, created the basic files and so on when we
migrated from mysql to dbtext.
I also used to add/remove aliases and entries to the domain table, as
well as groups.

The main complain i got from my colleagues is that there is an
annoying echo message alerting you about the db backend you are using
... but the rest, seemed to be ok.

About being on one or two files ... i don't mind. Two files would
allow for clarity, but also may cause that improvements in
serctl.mysql are not ported to serctl.dbtext ...
For the rest ... i think you can give it a try ... it should be not
too time-consuming ... there is a command to create the dbtext files
needed ... from there, just add/remove whatever you need ...

Cesc