[Devel] record_route with optional parameter parameter

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Dec 8 17:35:38 CET 2005

Juha Heinanen wrote:

>Bogdan-Andrei Iancu writes:
>
> > So, you can do normal rr() in request branch and, based on nat flag, do
> > add_rr_param() in branch route..
>
>and for each branch, i automatically get fresh start of rr params?

each branch gets all param that were already set (in request route).
inside the branch route, the newly added rr params applies only for that
particular branch.

>looking at the code, my shortcut could be faster, because there is no
>need to go through the lump list.

when inserting after rr(), the lump's address is kept in a static
variable, so no lump lookup is needed.

>at minimum we would need to add BRANCH_ROUTE to add_rr_param list.

I hesitate to do it because you can get into BRANCH_ROUTE from a
FAILURE_ROUTE - and add_rr_param() does not work inside a FAILURE_ROUTE
(mainly due the static variable I mentioned before) - I need to work a
bit on it.

>how about contact specific nat flags after lookup call?

you mean flags per contact/branch after location lookup? we already have
them.....

I see no problems (conflicts or duplicity) with the patch, so I guess is
ok to commit it.

regards,
bogdan