[Devel] CVS commitlog: sip-server/parser hf.c msg_parser.c parse_allow.c parse_allow.h

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Dec 7 20:34:14 CET 2005

right, the grammar looks to accept an empty body Allow hdr....but I
haven't found any mentions about the meaning of an empty body...just:

20.5 Allow

   The Allow header field lists the set of methods supported by the UA
   generating the message.

   All methods, including ACK and CANCEL, understood by the UA MUST be
   included in the list of methods in the Allow header field, when
   present.  The absence of an Allow header field MUST NOT be
   interpreted to mean that the UA sending the message supports no
   methods.   Rather, it implies that the UA is not providing any
   information on what methods it supports.

   Supplying an Allow header field in responses to methods other than
   OPTIONS reduces the number of messages needed.

have you found some thing else? ...even so, IMHO the purpose of a
contact which forbids all methods looks strange to me...

anyhow, this case didn't work even with the former implementation -
parse_methods function returns error if an empty string is supplied
(empty as content, not length)....

regards,
bogdan