[Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1372451 ] avpops: avp_db_delete deletes too much

Norman Brandinger norm at goes.com
Sun Dec 4 16:48:45 CET 2005

Unless there is agreement to change the existing behavior, it should
remain the same.  Causes less waves this way :)

If that's the case, I would like to suggest that an additional value be
added to use_domain() maybe just for avpops to start.  Something like
modparam("avpops","use_domain", 2) that would perform as outlined
previously.

Without this, AVP's "must" belong to an OpenSER instance that "uses
domains" or an OpenSER instance that "dosen't use domains".  There is no
ability to mix the two from a database perspective.

In a real world example, you might have two OpenSER's accessing the same
back end database.  If one instance "uses domains" and the other
instance "doesn't use domains" the results for the "doesn't use domains"
instance will be unpredictable.

Obviously, two distinct databases or maybe a single database with two
different usr_preferences tables would be a way to "work around" this.
It seems that a single database, single table is a cleaner way to solve
this problem.

You comments are welcome.

Norm