[Devel] loose_route question

Wed Aug 17 15:16:40 CEST 2005

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> On 08/16/05 20:06, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>
>> In rr/loose.c, function loose_route:
>>
>>     ret = is_preloaded(_m);
>>     if (ret < 0) {
>>         return -1;
>>     } else if (ret == 1) {
>>         return after_loose(_m, 1);
>>     } else {
>>
>> Thus, if a request is preloaded (Route header but no To-tag), it is
>> always processed as loose_route message.
>

> At the first sight, this seem to be the behavior.
>
>> Is this OK?
>>
>> I think it is valid to send a request to a strict router with a
>> preloaded routeset.
>

> Logically should be valid also to do preloaded strict routing, but
> better to check the RFC first. When I will have some time I will
> investigate more. Anyhow, in my opinion, the strict routing should be
> obsoleted.

If a client has a pre-loaded route (eg for an outbound proxy) and does
not know if the outbound proxy is RFC3261 compliant, it has to use
strict route.

Thus, ser should also hande strict_route messages correctly. Regarding
is_preloaded: Is there in CVS a way to find out who put in this code and
the corresponding commit-log?

regards
klaus