[SR-Users] Where do I place the logic for modifying auth and call requests?

erik at valerius.se erik at valerius.se
Fri Nov 8 09:12:44 CET 2013

Hello everyone.

Some of my confusion probably comes from me coming
from the web development world and not software dev, but I would greatly
appreciate any response to the following question:

I use the MySQL
auth for my subscribers which is working great. However, let's say that
I add the column "valid_until" in the subscriber table and want to check
if today's date is less than the caller's valid_until value. I can set
up the sqlops module without a problem and get the actual value, but I
have no idea where I place the logic to compare it to a date and then
pass on the OK message to Kamailio to continue the request.

Is this
done with embedded scripts? Or right there in the config file? Where can
I find a list of what parts of the call request are exposed for
customization from Kamailio?

I'd greatly prefer to do things in Python
or JavaScript, if that matters.

Many thanks in advance!
Erik Eklund