[Kamailio-Users] Username vs DID

ingdavidcespedes at cable.net.co ingdavidcespedes at cable.net.co
Tue Nov 25 17:17:49 CET 2008

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Matteo D'Amato <matteo at ecosma.com>
Fecha: Martes, Noviembre 25, 2008 10:12 am
Asunto: [Kamailio-Users] Username vs DID

> Yes I am using a PSTN Gateway, should I create a new table to hold
> the link between the username and DID or do I use the information
> in the alias table?
>
> And there may be some local calls between users, so are you saying
> it would have been easier to use their actual DID numbers as their
> usernames?
I have seen something like this
ie:

PSTN Number: 7565079
Internal Extension:5079

So you use as username= 5079, and PSTN number 7565079.

But it's always better, I think, to have internal user names as "John" and associate its DID only when he is trying to reach the PSTN, adding the RFC 3325 header field P-Asserted-Identity with the DID number.