[Kamailio-Users] How are computed $Tf and $Ts?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 14:46:24 CET 2008

Hello,

On 11/24/08 15:40, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> Hi, it doesn't make sense:
>
> 	xlog("L_INFO","--- time pre http:  $Tf - $Ts\n");
> 	http_query("/test1.html",
> 		"r_uri=$(ru{s.escape.param})&f_uri=$(fu{s.escape.param})",
> 		"$var(result)");
> 	xlog("L_INFO","--- time post http: $Tf - $Ts\n");
>
> I always get:
>
>   --- time pre http:  Mon Nov 24 14:37:25 2008 - 1227533845
>   --- time post http: Mon Nov 24 14:37:25 2008 - 1227533845
>
> Of course it's just impossible that the http query takes 0.000 seconds.
>
> I could use 'benchmark' module fot this stuf, but I wonder why $Tf returns the
> same value in any place of the script. Maybe it is just computed at the
> script start for each message?

it is computed first time is called for each message. The goal was to be
able to print the time for each message and do time based routing. In
such cases it is need to hold same value for many possible operation.

Discussing with some people, a need of PV to give the system time upon
each call could be useful. It is pretty simple, should be there until
next release.

However, for your case, benchmark is more indicated, it has better
accuracy (mili-seconds, nano-seconds).

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com