[Kamailio-Users] kamailio devel team

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 11:05:30 CET 2008

Hello,

last month was very busy for myself, with lot of work and traveling for
the sip-router.org, so apart of announcing few updates, I focused on
getting things done rather than going in pointless discussions. I will
send couple of other emails related to this subject.

However, there was one person writing untrue statements and offending
the developers of Kamailio/OpenSER on mailing lists, web and IRC
channels. If he would have searched a bit on the net, have talked with
our developers, he would realize that people in our team are very rich
in skills and experience, then probably he would refrain from statements
like "no skills", "no knowledge".

Until someone else than him, recognize him as the greatest, gets the
Nobel prize, publishes world recognized books or standards, so I can
take his opinion in consideration, the development of Kamailio/Project
is ensured by people such as:
 - Juha Heinanen, doctor in computer science, former professor at
Tampere University, author of many RFCs, and the list can continue ...
from the web:
http://occamnet.com/company/directors_and_advisors/jheinanen.cfm
http://www.arkko.com/tools/rfcstats/juhaheinanen.html
- Klaus Darilion, doctor in computer science at Technical University
Vienna, involved in ENUM and security of VoIP/SIP, author/contributor to
several open source applications and papers related to these domains
http://www.ipcom.at/index.php?id=565
- Henning Westerholt, computer science engineer, in charge with the
biggest VoIP deployment based on Kamailio/OpenSER I ever heard of: about
2 000 000 users, 5 000 000 phone numbers, 1 000 000 000 routed minutes
per month. It is at least twice bigger than other deployments of
openser/kamailio I am aware of.
http://www.1und1.de

I am stopping here, but all the other members of Kamailio/OpenSER devel
team have broad knowledge in computer programming and VoIP technologies,
authored or contributed to other open source applications -- just google
the names. As co-founder of this project I felt is my duty to show the true.

Therefore those statements are proofless and it is sad to see somebody
can come up with such things. The development of Kamailio/OpenSER
boosted since release 1.4, in summary:
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/features:new-in-1.5.x
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/roadmap:1.5.x

and we are not ready yet with the new features for 1.5. Meanwhile,
effort is directed to sip-router.org project as well -- I will post a
status update soon.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com