[Kamailio-Users] Question regarding config file operation

Siddhardha Garige siddu999 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 15:59:21 CET 2008

Hello all,

I have a basic question regarding config file operation.

Here is my understanding. At build time bison and flex work on config file and generates cfg.tab.c. This file is equivalent to c version of config file. Make uses cfg.tab.c along with other files and loads a series of actions into action structures. These actions will be performed on messages in a predefined order.

If i make a change to config file, do I have to rebuild openser? But I do see just by stopping and starting these changes get reflected in operation. How does these changes get into action structure with out bison and flex generating cfg.tab.c file and make compiling with other files?

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks
Sid