[Kamailio-Users] the sip router project

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Nov 5 11:45:33 CET 2008

Hi Jiri,

Have you ever consider a fork as an option driven by technical needs?? Like to do something totally different than you have and than the other people want to do.

After 7 year of SER/OpenSER I (and many other) got to simplest conclusion that the current design is not able to sustain the progress
of SER / OpenSER (like scripting, async calls, integration, scaling, etc) ? Mainly because SER was design 7 years ago when there was only
stateless processing, no TCP, etc....

And I personally do not see any future in keep trying to patch the existing design as it has no future. If SER and kamilio want to go on
this path, fine with me, not my problem, happy for your joined effort.

But not point in black the idea of somebody forking into a different direction than yours - nature invented forking for seeking new alternatives!

I like the go for new alternatives instead of blocking into a dead-end.

Regards,
Bogdan