[SR-Users] How to get mem_summary (SIGUSR1) on a worker process?

Andrade Ricardo (CI/AFU1) Ricardo.Keigo at br.bosch.com
Mon Jul 25 18:12:42 CEST 2011

Hi list,

I'm running out of private memory in Kamailio 3.1.0.
However, before simply increasing it from the current 4 MB to some higher value, I'd like to know how much is really in use for every process and possibly monitor it.

My expectation is that I should be able to send the SIGUSR1 to any of the processes shown by the "sercmd ps" command, and get the trace. But it only succeeds if I send the signal to the "attendant" process.

Some more info:
# sercmd core.info
{
        version: kamailio 3.1.0
        id: 21a375
        compiler: gcc 4.1.2
        compiled: 16:28:54 Dec 14 2010
        flags: STATS: Off, USE_IPV6, USE_TCP, USE_TLS, TLS_HOOKS, USE_RAW_SOCKS, DISABLE_NAGLE, USE_MCAST, DNS_IP_HACK, SHM_MEM, SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC, DBG_QM_MALLOC, USE_FUTEX, FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT, USE_DNS_CACHE, USE_DNS_FAILOVER, USE_NAPTR, USE_DST_BLACKLIST, HAVE_RESOLV_RES
}

kamailio.cfg:
debug=2
memlog=1