[sr-dev] RFC: KEMI and array/dictionary values

Victor Seva linuxmaniac at torreviejawireless.org
Wed Apr 8 11:14:54 CEST 2020

On 4/8/20 9:56 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the old sr module should be now part of app_lua_sr module, just in case
> someone missed it. The module can be used along with app_lua and the two
> objects KSR and sr can be used together in the same config.

Yes, this is my actual approach until we create the alternative. I've
migrated everything to KEMI and just use sr for those two missing functions.

> Regarding your topic - two options right now:
>
>  1) if it is something very specific to an interpreter, it can be added
> as part of KSR.x object -- each app_xyz implements it internally,
> because of specifics of those functions (like KSR.x.exit())
>
> 2) we can add a new data type for SR_KEMIP_INT inside sr_kemi_xval_t,
> like a list of named values with type (items with (name, type, value)),
> then see if for each interpreter if it can handle them, if not, then
> they should not be exported to KSR object, so they won't be available in
> the KEMI script for that interpreter.

I'll start working on the point 2 since I think these two functions are
generic and useful for all interpreters. Expect KEMI internal questions
from my from now on :-)

Thank you,
Victor