[sr-dev] RFC: roadmap to next major release - v5.3.0

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Mon Mar 18 08:27:19 CET 2019

Am Donnerstag, 14. März 2019, 10:03:30 CET schrieb Daniel-Constantin Mierla:
> during the last IRC devel meeting, we approached when the next major
> release of Kamailio (v5.3.0) should be done, considering two options:

Hi Daniel,

for me both schedules would be fine. I plan to work more on the memory logging
cleanups and also will contribute a few module extensions here and there.

If we go for option 1) my suggestion would be beginning of June. If I remember
correctly some developers wanted to present their new module on Kamailio-
world, and we need some time to properly integrate it.

>   1) before the mid of summer: try to freeze during the second part of
> May (latest beginning of June) and release during end of June/beginning
> of July. Afterwards is expected many developers to be in summer vacation
> (at least July and August are the common holidays months across Europe)
>
>   2) during autumn: let the summer pass, allow few weeks so everyone
> gets sync'ed with what happened during the holidays, freeze by end of
> September of so, release after 1-1.5 months
>
> Right now we have a few new modules, some interesting new features to
> existing components (e.g., rtpengine ...).
>
> If any of you has a strong preference for one option, let us know.
>
> This message was sent to both sr-users and sr-dev, you can reply to the
> one you feel more comfortable with, I will watch both of them and send a
> summary if we get to some conclusion soon.

Best regards,

Henning

Kamailio services - https://skalatan.de/services
Kamailio security assessment - https://skalatan.de/de/assessment