[sr-dev] sip_msg structure and memory free

Konstantin Polyakov piligrim_pk at mail.ru
Fri Jun 1 14:19:33 CEST 2018

Daniel,

Could you please recommend a way how to analyse pkg memory leak?
Unfortunately I could not reproduce it in the lab.
So we can see that only on a production server.

I use "kamcmd pkg.stats" command and see that memory usage is grown continuously.
When I used "kamcmd mod.stats all pkg" command, result was not matched to previous command.
How should I interpret the output of mod.stats all pkg command?

For example pkg.stats shows that each worker process uses 2428736 bytes memory
{
entry: 1
pid: 18598
rank: 1
used: 1269176
free: 5959872
real_used: 2428736
total_size: 8388608
total_frags: 67
}
But total sum of memory usage according mod.stats is 534080.

>Пятница,  1 июня 2018, 13:31 +03:00 от Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
>
>Hello,
>
>is this a new header or assigning to an existing header structure?
>
>The existing headers are cleaned up inside clean_hdr_field().
>
>Cheers,
>Daniel
>
>On 31.05.18 11:54, Konstantin Polyakov wrote:
>>Hello All,
>>
>>There is a structure  sip_msg  which is passed into
>>      a module and represents a received sip message.
>>It contains number of pointers to  hdr_field  members.
>>In its turn  hdr_field  contains member  void*
>>        parsed
>>
>>In the sanity module we assign to  parsed  member a
>>      pointer to newly allocated memory and we don't free that memory at
>>      the end.
>>Do we need to free explicitly or this memory will be deallocated
>>      later together with  sip_msg ?
>>
>>In other words is it memory leak or not?
>>

>>Best regards,
>>Konstantin

>--
>Daniel-Constantin Mierla -- www.asipto.com