[sr-dev] [SR-Users] problem with compiling kamailio version 5.1.4 including a private Module

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Thu Aug 9 21:19:24 CEST 2018

Am Donnerstag, 9. August 2018, 14:27:44 CEST schrieb Abdulaziz Alghosh:
> thanks a lot for your response and explanation. strutils.[c,h] and
> strcommon.[c,h] are almost the same. So I modified my included header from
> stcommon[] to strutils as you mentioned.
> Unfortunately, I surfed sequentially Kamailio version upgrades. Even
> though, i did not found such hints about this modification. So I have some
> doubts the called headers and codes from our own module. Hence, I am asking
> for yor advice.

Hello Abdul,

lets move this discussion to the sr-dev list, as its a development related
topic.

> What I am trying to do now is compiliing our module separately under it is
> own directory so I gain the Shared Object file (.so). Somehow our Module is
> requring cds, presence and xcap libraries. But the strange thing is that
> headers from these libraries are #including other headers assuming these
> included header files are under the same library's directory (but in fact
> most of the header files are under ../src/core/). For example :

Do you placed your own module in the src/modules directory as well? If not, I
would suggest to place it there. Its hard to find the issue just with the
logs, there are also many errors here.

My suggestion would be to go from your own module and try to compile a single
file with gcc (for the actual command you can call "make quiet=0" and copy-
paste it). I would try to investigate one error a time, in the end they should
be all mostly related.

There were also some changes in the Makefile logic, maybe you should compare
your Makefile to one of the official modules.

Best regards,

--
Henning Westerholt
https://skalatan.de/blog/