[sr-dev] rtpengines replaces origin without replace-origin

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Mon Apr 28 21:48:09 CEST 2014

On 28/04/14 03:39 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Richard Fuchs writes:
>
>> Counter-question: if both parties support ICE, then what difference does
>> it make if c= and m= are modified?
>
> i don't think it makes a difference, but is useless, since rtp proxy has
> no way to figure out, which candidates will be chosen by the parties and
> thus which addresses to put on c and m lines.
>
> my point is that rtpengine should only do what it is asked to do.  if it
> is not asked to modify c and m lines, it should leave them alone.

And I disagree, since I don't know of any sensible use case where it
would make sense not to modify m= and c=. If ICE isn't supported, then
the default should be to go through the RTP proxy. If it is supported,
then it makes no difference either way, AFAIK.

If ICE isn't supported and you don't want the traffic to go through the
RTP proxy, you can just not call _offer()/_answer().

cheers