[Kamailio-Devel] Any solution for pua_usrloc when Kamailio is restarted?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Mar 26 13:11:32 CET 2009

2009/3/26 Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>:
> This occurs because "pua" table is emptied when Kamailio is restarted, why??
> Could we leave the "pua" table when restarting Kamailio?

Sorry, this is not a problem. I've inspected the code and basically
the module loads into a hash table the "pua" table content so it can
delete it safely.

The problem occurs when, for any reason, a pua entry is deleted from
memory and still doesn't exist in the table (perhaps due to a Kamailio
restart just after REGISTER receiving). In that case, when a new
REGISTER arrives it will execute an UPDATE callback to pua_usrloc
(instead of an INSERT callback) so pua_usrloc invokes pua_send_publish
in pua module and it fails since it wasn't information for that
request in the PUA hash table. This is: pua module receives from
pua_usrloc a PUBLISH with empty body.

As a solution, pua_usrloc could act as if an INSERT callback occured
when UPDATE callback failed, would it be possible?

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>