[Kamailio-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-2105813 ] bug in tm - shoudn't retransmit

Mon Sep 15 19:59:00 CEST 2008

Hi!

I managed to reproduce the issue and I think I found the problem -
please see the logfile on http://pastebin.com/m15f09430

1. INVITE is received and forwarded (dialog module creates dialog) - not
interesting at all

2. [PID 7141] 180 is received and relayed: dialog module callback is
received by my module pua_dialoginfo. This module uses the pua module to
send PUBLISH.

3. [PID 7142] PUBLISH is received and processed (reply with 200 OK and
send NOTIFYs)

4. [PID 7145] 200 OK for PUBLISH is received, transaction is found and
retransmission timer is reset (line 330)

5. [PID 7141] The process which sent the PUBLISH (the PUBLISH which
caused a 200 OK which was already received) obviously was really slow
(locked?) - it still processes the 180 response from stop 2. Now it sets
the timeout to 500000 and inserts the timer (line 456).

Ok - syslog may cause delay of log messages but IMO this would be a
perfect explanation why there are retransmission although tm module
handled the 200 ok response.

The question now is: Why is process 7141 delayed so much that the
response is received faster then adding the 500ms timer?

Further - how could this be solved or more debugged?

thanks
Klaus