[OpenSER-Devel] About openser 1.3.2 pua_xmpp module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 10:16:22 CEST 2008

Hello Gaoqiang,

On 06/17/08 10:20, gaoqiang.qian at nokia.com wrote:
> Hello,
> I am from Technology Collaboration Team of Nokia Research Center in
> Finland. We are now having a Voip Mobile application project, and we
> have been using openser core as our sip server, it worked very nicely.
>
> But now we are testing the SIP-XMPP gateway interoperatability of
> openser Pua_xmpp module. After several weeks of attempts, we found
> very hard to configure openser as IM and presence gateway with
> presence, mysql, pua, xmpp, pua_xmpp installed and configure. The
> handshake between sip and xmpp is successful, sometimes It shows
> presence information of sip user in the xmpp user side few times, and
> never shows xmpp users presence status in the sip side.
>
> We really think openser has so many useful and robust functionality,
> and really wish to continue using openser servers. But we did not
> found essential document except the module document for configure
> PUA_XMPP, could you please point out for use:
> 1. which version of openser has tested presence gateway of SIP-xmpp.
> 2. is there any detailed information how to configure correctly the
> pua_xmpp module.
the simple-xmpp presence conversion is not 100% compatible, following
recommendation from IETF drafts, so there might be some missing things.
I have developed the initial simple-xmpp gateway and coordinated the
newer version. My current plans is to move the code to use an existing
library. I was looking at iksemel, but the development stopped at some
point, don't know what is right now.

My focus is no to loudmouth library, it seems to be a dynamic project,
which can handle asynchronous communication, tls/ssl communication. All
these just to give you an update on the current status.

Now, to identify and fix your issues:
- is the instant messaging communication between simple-xmpp working ok?
- can you send me the log of openser with debug = 7 in the config?

I was in contact with another user that tried to config simple-xmpp
presence just about one month ago, but I failed to find the right time
to investigate the presence stuff, im was working just fine. I will get
back in the loop with him as well.

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com