[Devel] rand function in config file

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri Mar 30 17:55:59 CEST 2007

On Friday 30 March 2007 17:22, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello Henning,
>
> I would go for a generic named module (e.g., cfgutils or something else)
> where to collect such small functions in the future. Considering that,
> you can prepare such module with what you have implemented so far.
>
> Because this 'random' is more like a value, I would say it is better to
> have it as pseudo-variable instead of function (or both if considered
> useful) -- it is easier to use it now with 1.2.0, and not complicated to
> develop such functionality within a module (see tm/dlg for an example of
> exporting pseudo-variables).

Hi Daniel,

yeah, i allready thought about a generic utility module. The proposed module
could be a good foundation for this. I implemented functions because the
module should be working in 0.9.5 too. But i'll look into this pseudo-
variables stuff. Hopefully in the near future i can develop for >= 1.2 only.

By the way, is there any formal process to apply for an svn account? I have
some small documentation patches and the "Openser on Sun Ultrasparc T1
Processors - Mismatch architecture detection" Makefile patch in the queue
too..

Cheers, have a good weekend,