[Devel] [ openser-Patches-1690152 ] Add new RADIUS attributes into auth_radius

Victor Gamov vit at lipetsk.ru
Thu Mar 29 19:40:40 CEST 2007

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> SourceForge.net writes:
>
>  > I prepare patch which add new attributes in RADIUS request generated
>  > by auth_radius module.
>  > Here patch-README:
>  >
>  > ------------ cut here -------------
>  > -- Username -- value of this attribute changed to From URI. This done
>  > --because Username must be used to get user credentials in accordance
>  > --with RFC-4590
>
> username (A_USER_NAME) is an existing attribute and it cannot be
> changed to anything.

I see. But now User-Name value set to Digest-Username at Digest-Realm
getted from Digest credentials. I think that it's incorrect because
User-Name must be used for purpose of authorization (not to check
authentication) and so it must be setted to From AOR value.

>  > -- Calling-Station-Id -- new attribute added. Value of this attribute set to From URI (so Username and Calling-Station-Id are equal). This attribute may be useful for many authorization or billing software.
>  >
>  > -- Called-Station-Id -- new attribute added. Value of this attribute set to R-URI. This attribute may be useful for many authorization or billing software.
>
> no new attributes should be added to each request.  if you want to add
> some extra attributes, implement extra module parameter similar to what
> acc module has.

Yes it's my opinion too. I'll try to do it ASAP.

But Calling-Station-Id and Called-Station-Id are standard attributes for
Access-Request in ISP-world and they are really useful in ITSP-world too.

Thanks!

--
CU,
Victor Gamov