[OpenSER-Devel] SF.net SVN: openser: [3232] trunk/etc/openser.cfg

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Dec 3 18:10:29 UTC 2007

On Thursday 29 November 2007, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Hi Henning,
>
> note that this is a bit dangerous as many SIP clients do not support
> QoP. This was the original reason not to enable qop in the examples.

Hi Bogdan,

well, the module documentation recommends this since 0.9 times.. To quote:

"Is strongly recommended to use qop parameter, however there are still some
user agents that cannot handle qop parameter properly so we made this
optional. On the other hand there are still some user agents that cannot
handle request without qop parameter too."

I remember some discussions from the past that many provider enables this now,
and thought also the info given about the UA behaviour is not true anymore.

So either we should enable this in the default config, or fix the
documentation.