[Devel] Towards OpenSER libification

Sebastien Tricaud sebastien.tricaud at wengo.com
Mon Apr 23 09:46:07 CEST 2007

Henning Westerholt wrote:

> Autotool is in my opionion broken. :-) But why we could not stay with the
> current Makefiles? They work fairly well, and it is really easy to make
> modifikations.

Building libraries in a portable manner is what autotools/cmake resolve
(encapsulating both the platform-specific dependencies, and the user
interface).
It is a key point to make the transition easy.

Whatever building stuff we choose, none of them are difficult to
understand... as long as we don't go to scons :)

Anyway, if you feel like cmake, please provide patches.

For me, autotools is the easiest and will make the transition smooth
since all current makefiles written code is reusable.

Sebastien.