[Devel] NEW SIP-to-XMPP (Google Talk/Jabber) gateway

Antoine Fressancourt af.devlist at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 23:14:51 CEST 2006

Le 1 oct. 06 à 22:55, Klaus Darilion a écrit :

> On Sun, October 1, 2006 20:07, Juha Heinanen said:
>> 2) is the intention in the future to include also jingle-sip
>> gateway for
>>   voice?
>
> Hi Juha!
>
> Do you if a signalling gateway is enough or do we also have to care
> about
> media?

Hello Klaus,

In my opinion, a signalling gateway should be enough as media is
often carried via UDP, and the Jingle messages carry session
description messages. A conversion has to be done between SDP and the
so called Jingle Audio content description format (JEP 0167), maybe
with the equivalent for video in the future (JEP 0168).

best regards,
Antoine