[Devel] NEW Feature: uac_auth() via AVPs

Thomas Gelf thomas at gelf.net
Thu Mar 2 19:24:02 CET 2006

Hi Bodgan,

CVS has finally been updated :-)

I have built a nice new Debian package containing bleeding edge
OpenSER and immediately replaced my productional SIP Proxy with
the new package ;-)

My System has been down for about 15 minutes because of recent
AVP config changes (*grrr* :) but now it's running fine.

One little problem: The following line worked well with 1.0.0 -
but using the current CVS version some of the pseudo variables
are failing:

  xlog("L_INFO", "REGISTER (route 2) from [$fu] to [$tu] r-uri
[$ru] src-ip [$si]");

* $si returns nothing ("") in my syslog
* $ua returns null ("<null>")

Is this my fault or may there be some little bug?

I didn't use openser_mysql.sh to upgrade my DB structure as I
have had really bad experiences doing so, I did DB upgrade manually
as follows:

ALTER TABLE aliases ADD path VARCHAR( 255 ) DEFAULT NULL AFTER received;
ALTER TABLE location ADD path VARCHAR( 255 ) DEFAULT NULL AFTER received;

ALTER TABLE aliases ADD methods int(11) default NULL AFTER socket;
ALTER TABLE location ADD methods int(11) default NULL AFTER socket;

ALTER TABLE silo ADD snd_time INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 AFTER exp_time;

CREATE TABLE re_grp (
  reg_exp varchar(128) NOT NULL default '',
  group_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  UNIQUE KEY reg_exp (reg_exp)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

DELETE FROM version;
INSERT INTO version ...

Everything seems to be working fine - just XLOG fails :(

I did a quick test of the new AVP-enabled uac_auth() and it succeded
without any problem. I have to apply some changes to my Web app and
go on with farther testing the next week. If everything behaves well
I'll put the whole system into productional state and will provide
you with lots of feedback ;-)

Kind regards,
Thomas Gelf

--