[Devel] session termination

JF jfkavaka at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 13:12:03 CET 2006

Hi Daniel,

The dialog module I mentioned is in SER, not OpenSER. Unfortunately
the SER/OpenSER split is getting confusing. When it happened, I
thought OpenSER would be a more experimental branch of SER, but this
AFAIK has not been the case, since developments from both projects are
not being merged.

We definitely should discuss further about this dialog statefulness or
dialog management module (I called it 'dlgm').
My targeted usage scenario started by being just session termination
(which can be used simply to control ongoing call durations or in IMS
scenarios), but we are seeing bigger interest in other features which
are enabled by dialog awareness in SER, like the session timer support
you mentioned, and even some kind of B2BUA API.
I think we should start by collecting requirements (both from SER and
OpenSER lists), check which functionalities have been implemented and
what needs to be done and expect core developers' feedback.

JF

P.S.: You probably should also check some serdev mails on this, since
not all the thread is being sent on devel at openser.