[Devel] blacklistening feature request

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Dec 18 14:21:22 CET 2006

Hi Klaus,

I'm already working on a design for IP black list features, but with no
usage of an additional route.

I was thinking of having rules based on destination (netmask), maybe a
hdr regexp (not sure if needed). All this rules will be grouped per
classes (types).

during the routing, you just choose what classes of rules should be
added before sending it out. (none, one or several classes).

the rules may be define via cfg params (statically) or maybe be loaded
and manage via a module. The rules will be kept by core, but modules
will have r/w access to them, so maybe we can enhance the permissions
module to load and manage rules.

Also the script will provide rules to add rules based on actions in
script - if a destination gave timeout  or refused TCP conn, it can be
temporary put in a black list as rule.

these are the rough first requirements for this feature, but any other
input is welcomed.

regards,
bogdan