[Devel] pinging UA not behind NAT

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Fri Apr 7 13:51:57 CEST 2006

I remember this issue was fixed in cvs head, but I now observe the same
behavior with openser-1.0.1

I have a phone which is not behind NAT and in the location table the flags
field is 0 (i.e. no nat flag was set for it). Still I see the 4 byte
pings sent to this phone by the nathelper module (I loaded nathelper to
be able to send OPTION pings, but apparently with flags=0 in the database
nathelper sends dummy pings even though it shouldn't send any, nor
OPTIONS nor dummy)

The pinging from mediaproxy is disabled completely, so I assume this is
either from nathelper, or it's the same problem as it was in cvs head.

--
Dan