[Devel] [ openser-Patches-1464264 ] support for TLS client domains (name based and socket based)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Thu Apr 6 13:04:16 CEST 2006

On 04/06/06 13:39, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Dan Pascu writes:
>
>  > It would be a good idea to store these peer settings in a table in a
>  > database (like with the SIP domains) so they can be easily added at
>  > runtime without a need to change the configuration file and restart
>  > openser.
>
> i vote for database table.  text files are not a good idea.

using database may be easier when there is a GUI to provision, otherwise
text files are more handy. Looking at many network daemons, I couldn't
find one which loads config from database. Binding the config to a
database, would eliminate the possibility to use OpenSER on embedded
systems (many flavors of openser do not need database: outbound proxy,
load balancing ...).

IMO, if there is going to be support for TLS config in database, that is
great, but must be an alternative to use just local file system.