[Devel] ERROR: parse_uri: bad port in uri (error at char s in state 8)

Norman Brandinger norm at goes.com
Thu Oct 20 17:10:34 CEST 2005

The complete OpenSER error message is:

ERROR: parse_uri: bad port in uri (error at char s in state 8) parsed:
<sip:8113 at my.ip.address:5060>(27)
/<sip:8113 at my.ip.address:5060sip:8113 at my.ip.address:5060> (54)

The SIP Contact header received at the PSTN GW is:

Contact: <sip:8113 at my.ip.address:5060sip:8113 at my.ip.address:5060>.

The events leading up to this error are as follows:

Client 8113 calls another number that has "call forwarding on no answer"
established.  This is implemented using a combination of Flags and AVP's.

When a (408) Request Timeout happens, the failure_route is entered as
expected.

Note to Sipura SPA2000 users, we see (400) Bad Request instead of a
(408) in the failure_route when the INVITE Timer pops.  The SPA might
have a setting to change this behavior but that is beyond the scope of
this thread.

The call forward on no answer AVP is pushed into the R-URI using:
avp_pushto("$ruri", "s:fwd_noanswer");

An append_branch() is executed and logic to determine authority of the
new R-URI is done before a t_relay() is executed. The "authority logic"
will be used to rewritehostport() to the correct PSTN GW.

If the fwd_noanswer AVP is in the format of: sip:pstn-number at domain.com
no error is produced.

If the fwd_noanswer AVP is changed to the format of
sip:pstn-number at host.domain.com the error can consistently be generated.

Note1 during our testing, host.domain.com is the FQDN of the OpenSER server.
Note2 the "authority logic" issues the rewritehostport() command based
only on pstn-number, not the domain.com or host.domain.com.
Note3 the fwd_noanswer AVP does not contain the port number.

Norm