[Devel] Processing REGISTER requests

Wed Oct 5 09:29:04 CEST 2005

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Dan Pascu writes:
>  > If I am called that person can answer in my place and impersonate me, or
>  > in the least he can know who calls me.
>
> in that case the user should buy a better sip phone that unregisters the
> old contact when it leaves a hotspot.

You never know when the link is gone. Thus, how should the phone know
that it will leave the hotspot?

Of course it could unregister the Contact the next time it is online.
But there is still a gap between leaving the first hotspot and entering
the second hotpsot. Furthermore, I'm not sure if the unegister will work
fine as most hotspots are behind NAT and how can we correctly find out
which contact to delete? Maybe based on call-id, but I'm sure there will
be phones which will use a new call-id if they get a new IP address.

klaus