[Devel] lcr module and kannel

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Jul 28 19:58:53 CEST 2005

Klaus Darilion writes:

 > The lcr module stores the values in unsigned integers in mysql. But,
 > there are no unsigend intergers in postgresql.
 >

 > Thus, I have choosen the next bigger integer instead of the unsigned
 > one. Thus, I changed
 >
 >    ip_addr INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
 >
 > in mysql to
 >
 >    ip_addr BIGINT CHECK (ip_addr > 0 AND ip_addr < 4294967296) NOT
 >    NULL,

i don't agree with this change, because looks like it is not backwards
compatible with current mysql usage.  there can be no change in mysql
lcr tables because of postgre.

 > I do not have any glue where the problem occours: in lcr module? in
 > openser's DB API? in postgres module?

which way it really is: postgre doesn't have unsigned int support or
openser postgre module doesn't have unsigned int support?  in later
case, fix postgre openser module.

-- juha